Admitted to Practice of Law
California, 1980 to the present
U.S. District Courts in California (Southern, Central, Eastern & Northern Districts)
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, Texas, Eastern District
1st, 2nd and 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals
United States Supreme Court
Pro Hac Vice in Arizona, Florida, Idaho, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
Brower Law Group, A Professional Corporation
Founding trial attorney (January 2018-Present)
Litigation Shareholder (May 2007-December 2017) in the Orange County, California office
Stephan, Oringher, Richman & Theodora fka Ginsburg, Stephan, Oringher & Richman
Litigation Partner (April 1993-May 2007) in the Orange County, California office
Katten Muchin Zavis & Weitzman
Litigation Partner (March 1991-March 1993) in the Orange County office
Wyman Bautzer Kuchel & Silbert
Senior litigation associate (January 1989-March 1991) in the Orange County office
Wood Lucksinger & Epstein
Litigation Partner (1986-January 1989) and litigation associate (1983 to 1996) in the Los Angeles Office
Flame Sanger Grayson & Ginsburg
Litigation associate (1980-1983) and law clerk (1977-1980)
UCLA, J.D., 1980
UCLA, A.B., Cum Laude, 1976
Special Legal Experience
- Arbitrator on a 25 day arbitration for computer software in North Carolina. There were 3 arbitrators (2 party appointed) but we had a unanimous decision.
- Sole arbitrator on 2 separate arbitrations in Dayton, Ohio.
- Mediator (Ohio, California) on multiple technology matters (software, anti-SPAM)
- Arbitrator, appointed by CPR, on multiple (25+) domain name disputes under the ICANN UDRP rules
- Neutral (arbitrator & mediator) on CPR Panels for Insurance Coverage, Technology Cases, E-Discovery, General Litigation (formal CPR training)
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association, special panel for Data Processing Specialists (panel no longer exists)
- Ethics for insurance coverage counsel, testified by deposition (Chicago) - 1992
- Insurance coverage, testified by written submission (Las Vegas) - 1989
- Computer software contracting, testified at arbitration (Los Angeles) - 1988
- Computer security, filmed segment for "60 Minutes" (unaired) - 1984
Judge Pro Tempore
- Judge Pro Tempore, Orange County Superior Court, Law & Motion (affirmed 3-0 on appeal, Cloverly v. DMV (1992) 1 Cal.App.4th 870)
- Judge Pro Tempore, Los Angeles Municipal Court in Civil Trials, Small Claims and in Traffic Court, 1985-88
Computer Technology Background
Programmer, primarily on IBM systems, 1973-1982, including IBM 360/91, 3033, System/34 and System/38. Primary languages were COBOL, RPG II (self-taught in one night), SPSS and APL. Worked for several business units at UCLA, a major bank (UCB) and a law firm. Taught IBM JCL.
Possibly the first non-scientist with regular access (since 1972) to the Internet (then the Arpanet).
Certificate in Data Processing (high scorer)
Association of Data Processing Services Organizations 1984-1990.
Association of Computing Machinery, Member of the Los Angeles Chapter Board, 1981-1984.
Born in Los Angeles, 1954 (second generation California). Married, two children.