Tae J. Im
Chair of Insurance Litigation DepartmentTae@BrowerLawGroup.com
Tae J. Im is a seasoned litigator with more than thirty years of experience in both state and federal courts at the trial and appellate level. Mr. Im’s primary practice area is insurance coverage on behalf of insureds, but he has also handled a large variety of civil matters and has been appointed as independent counsel by insurers. Mr. Im has worked on a wide range of insurance policies, including commercial general liability, business property, directors and officers, cyber liability, cyber crime, employment liability, employment benefits, professional liability, fiduciary liability, homeowners, auto, uninsured/underinsurance motorist, workers’ compensation, life, disability, accidental death, inland marine and jewelers block. Mr. Im has represented individuals and companies of all sizes.
Prior to joining Brower Law Group, Mr. Im worked for over twelve years representing insurance companies and represented insureds for over sixteen years.
Mr. Im lives in Orange County with his wife, two of their four children and a cat. Mr. Im enjoys traveling, classical music and numismatics.
• Obtained summary judgment in federal district court for over $5 million against an insurance broker for failing to obtain proper excess coverage.
• Settled a life insurance case for over $1.5 million based a policy that was purportedly cancelled for nonpayment of premium.
• Obtained a policy limits settlement of nearly $1 million against a life insurance agent for alleged misrepresentations regarding premiums.
• Settled for over $6 million with a D&O insurer who denied coverage for a class action
• Settled a hurricane coverage case for $1 million after the insurer denied coverage based on a windstorm limitation.
Professional and Community Activities:
• Secretary, Orange County Bar Association Insurance Law Section
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law
- Juris Doctorate, 1988
- Johns Hopkins University
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Economy, 1985
- United States 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California