Lee K. Fink
Chair of Business Litigation DepartmentLee@BrowerLawGroup.com
Lee Fink is seasoned litigator and former senior government attorney with more than twenty years of representing clients in complex matters, high-stakes litigation, and government investigations. In private practice, Mr. Fink has represented fortune 100 companies and small businesses, major motion picture studios and start-up technology companies, and Big Four accounting firms, individuals, and whistle-blowers. Mr. Fink’s practice focuses on business litigation, employment disputes, and probate litigation. As a senior government official, Mr. Fink has represented members of the President’s cabinet and oversaw the legal offices of multi-billion dollar agencies.
Mr. Fink is equally proficient at representing plaintiffs and defendants. Prior to joining Brower Law Group, Mr. Fink was counsel at an elite litigation boutique in Costa Mesa, and started his career as an associate and counsel at an AmLaw 20 firm in Los Angeles. In the public sector, Mr. Fink served as the Principal Deputy General Counsel at the United States Department of Agriculture, and the Deputy General Counsel at the Orange County Employees Retirement System.
• Obtained a judgment for more than $1 million after jury trial and post-trial motions in real estate development dispute.
• Has had significant success under California’s anti-SLAPP statute, including prevailing on two special motions to strike and obtaining awards of more than $170,000 in attorneys’ fees in highly contested trust litigation; prevailing on anti-SLAPP motion to strike against a for-profit college alleging defamation, and settling for a significant fee award; and defeating an anti-SLAPP motion brought by a government agency and obtaining an order that the motion was frivolous, entitling the client to attorneys’ fees.
• Secured successful settlement for plaintiff in an employment discrimination case under California Fair Employment and Housing Act (“FEHA”).
• Represented major motion picture studio in FTC investigations into violence in motion pictures.
• Represented major motion picture studio in dispute over rights to trilogy of award-winning motion pictures.
• Successfully obtained judgment and affirmance on appeal in favor of owners of technology start-up in $125 Million dispute
Professional and Community Activities:
• Co-Chair, Orange County Bar Association Pro Bono Committee
• Member, Orange County Bar Association Business Litigation Section
• Commissioner, Orange County Waste Management Commission
• Member of the Board of Directors, Family Promise OC
• Member of the Board of Directors, Tustin Community Foundation
- New York University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2001
- Order of the Barrister
- Editor & Chief (Chairperson), Moot Court Board
- University of California, Berkeley
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 1998
- District of Columbia
- U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Hon. David O. Carter, United States District Court, Central District of California